Did you know pumpkins have all these good qualities?
Pumpkin is very rich in carotenoids, which is known for keeping the immune system of an individual strong and healthy.
– Beta-carotene, found in pumpkin, is a powerful antioxidant as well as an anti-inflammatory agent. It helps prevent build up of cholesterol on the arterial walls, thus reducing chances of strokes.
– Being rich in alpha-carotene, pumpkin is believed to slow the process of aging and also prevent cataract formation.
– Pumpkins have been known to reduce the risk of macular degeneration, a serious eye problem than usually results in blindness.
– The high amount of fiber, present in a pumpkin, is good for the bowel health of an individual.
– Being loaded with potassium, pumpkin is associated with lowering the risk of hypertension.
– The presence of zinc in pumpkins boosts the immune system and also improves the bone density. Health & Nutrition Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
– They promote overall prostate health, apart from alleviating the problem of difficult urination that is associated with an enlarged prostate.
– They comprise of L-tryptophan, a compound that has been found to be effective against depression.
– They are believed to serve as a natural protector against osteoporosis.
– They have been known to reduce inflammation, without causing the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
– Studies have revealed that they help prevent calcium oxalate kidney stone formation.
– Being rich in phytosterols, they have been associated with reducing the levels of LDL cholesterol.
So dear Peoples, eat some pumpkin things this fall….